American Well Introduces AW10, Closing the Gap between In-Person and Telehealth Visits for Physicians
Newest enterprise release will make it easier than ever for providers to enroll, launch, conduct and get paid for on-demand and scheduled visits
BOSTON – April 24 2017 – American Well, the nation’s leading telehealth company, began the roll out of its newest enterprise telehealth release, AW10, at the American Telemedicine Association Annual Meeting on April 23-25 in Orlando. AW10’s initial focus is on minimizing the time a doctor operates telehealth technology while maximizing the time a doctor interacts directly with the patient during a live visit. Later this summer, American Well will expand this technology to enable eligible clinicians – whether practicing within a health system, hospital, practice group, or independently – to sign up and immediately launch and start their telehealth practice.
“With AW10 we’re introducing more than 100 new features to the provider user experience that, when put together, let doctors focus more on seeing patients than operating the technology behind the telehealth visit,” said Dr. Roy Schoenberg, CEO, American Well. “Everything from patient and provider sign-up, to visit pre-checks, documentation, prescribing and payment are simplified, automated or eliminated from the doctor and their staff’s to-dos. We strive to make the provider experience with telehealth time well spent so that more clinicians can see their patients through telehealth without sacrificing efficiency or intimacy.”
Added Katie Ruigh, SVP, Product, American Well: “Telehealth, done right, has the potential to free up providers to see more patients faster, more conveniently and more economically than in-person visits. One of our goals with AW10 was to make the path for a physician getting started with telehealth significantly shorter, helping to flatten the learning curve and make telehealth intuitive. This has become particularly meaningful as many physicians enter our national telehealth Exchange™ to offer specialty services across our partner ecosystem.”
AW10 aims to simplify the provider telehealth experience across four critical areas, bringing them closer to interchangeably seeing patients in person and via technology. For doctors, AW10 enables you to:
- Turn Telehealth ON for your practice
- With AW 10, American Well is streamlining the process of getting doctors enrolled on the telehealth platform and up and running, so that they can be verified and ready to deliver a live visit in minutes.
- See patients on your schedule, on your terms, with no surprises.
- AW10 reduces the overhead and administration associated with telehealth visits, leaving doctors free to focus on clinical care. Using automated tools and workflows, patients are now fully prepped in advance of a telehealth visit – including insurance verification, payment vetting and technical setup. There are dozens more features that reduce provider headaches including text reminders, fast-track intake and a modernized look-and-feel of key screens.
- Conduct smarter, faster documentation, so you can focus on patients.
- A completely revamped coding module makes it easy to access common diagnoses and procedures during follow-up visits, seamlessly switch between automated and manual prescribing, and instantly send prescriptions to the patient’s preferred pharmacy. Doctors also have greater visibility into non-billable ICD-10 codes, and an easier way to view patient images in the visit console.
- Use new, intelligent options for payment and billing, leading to consistent reimbursement.
- Unlike “brick and mortar” medicine, telehealth programs require specific tools related to billing and claims. These new tools are incorporated into AW10 and include the ability to collect payment during the scheduling process or defer payment to a later date. Other features/enhancements include automated retry of failed billing transactions, automated follow-up when there are payment issues, and improved financial reporting to monitor end-to-end payment flow.
For more information on the initial AW10 feature set please visit our website. Additional announcements related to specific, significant releases within AW10 will be made in the coming months.
American Well currently serves more than 250 healthcare partners nationwide from a wide array of industries, including health plans, employers, retail outlets, pharmacy and pharmaceutical companies, and 70 health systems comprised of more than 700 hospitals. For more information on American Well’s telehealth services and growing partner ecosystem, visit www.americanwell.com.
About American Well
American Well uses telehealth to improve people’s access to quality care. Through our partnerships with the nation’s largest health systems, insurers, employers, and retailers, our award-winning telehealth Exchange and our direct-to-consumer service, Amwell®, we connect millions of Americans to the doctors they trust for live video visits. Through the power of telehealth, we help patients get the care they need in a timely fashion, and help doctors be there for their patients. We build technologies to make healthcare go where people need it most. For more on how we are changing healthcare delivery through telehealth, visit AmericanWell.com.
American Well, the Exchange and Amwell are registered trademarks or trademarks of American Well Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
# # #