24/7 access to board‐certified physicians from your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
What if the next time you felt under the weather, you didn’t have to drag yourself to the doctor’s office? What if you could turn your family room into a waiting room? Wear your jammies instead of getting dressed?
Covenant VirtualCare uses technology to enable virtual medical consultations via computer, tablet or smart phone. Covenant HealthCare is proud to be the first and only hospital in the Great Lakes Bay Region to offer a telehealth application like this.
“It’s the right time to embrace this powerful new tool, allowing us to increase access to care for our patients,” said Executive Vice President Physician Enterprise/CEO Covenant Medical Group, Dr. John Kosanovich. “Our new virtual care service was designed with the patient in mind because it provides a new convenience and flexibility in choosing how they receive their healthcare.”
It’s easy. Patients can download the Covenant VirtualCare app and click. It’s faster than the average doctor’s office visit — and with 24/7/365 convenience. Plus, no appointments required.
The virtual services provide patients with:
- Treatment for low‐acuity urgent conditions
- Your choice of trusted, U.S. board certified doctors
- Private and secure video visits
- Consultation, diagnosis, and prescriptions when appropriate
How it works:
- Consumers can download the Covenant VirtualCare app at no cost, for a live, face‐to‐face consultation with a board‐certified physician. A free Covenant VirtualCare app is available for download on the Apple App Store or Google
- Physicians have access to consumers’ health insurance information and preferred pharmacy for immediate prescribing if
- Consumers can see which doctors are available and choose an available doctor based on their profile information— which includes their photo, name, and area of specialization (such as women’s health, children’s health, ).
- Consumers can participate in a two‐way video visit with a
- The cost? $49 per visit, lower than many co‐pays. Additionally, Covenant is working with insurance carriers to make Covenant VirtualCare visits a covered
Board‐certified physicians can see you for urgent care illnesses like the following:
- Cold and cough
- Ear infection
- Sore throat
- Respiratory infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Sinus infection
- Pink eye
The Covenant Virtual Care app is perfect for parents of young children and people who have difficulty getting to the doctor’s office due to work schedules, transportation or geographical location. The app is powered by American Well, a leading national telehealth technology and services company partnering with more than 180 healthcare organizations nationwide to bring care closer to patients.