It’s estimated that there are between 1.6-3.8 million sports-related concussions in the United States each year. If not properly diagnosed or managed, concussions can have serious long-term consequences or life-threatening outcomes. While many physicians can treat concussions, the majority do not specialize in concussion care.
Watch the webinar to hear from Dr. Scott Burkhart, Neuropsychologist at Children’s Health Andrews Institute who specializes in concussion treatment and management. In 2019, Dr. Burkhart sought to provide better access to pediatric patients suffering from concussions. In this webinar, he discusses how he and his team built a successful tele-concussion program that addresses access and education challenges in Texas.
Watch the webinar to learn:
- How a lack of education and access drove the program’s inception
- The opportunities and barriers that exist for tele-concussion
- How Children’s Health staffs its tele-concussion program
- How the health system adapted the clinical visit to the virtual model
- Early challenges and successes for the program