Insights from the 2020 Amwell Physician and Consumer Survey
While healthcare has been slow to embrace telehealth, the COVID-19 pandemic quickly broke down barriers to adoption and ushered in unprecedented telehealth usage by both consumers and providers. Not only was there a surge in usage, but there was also a distinct shift in how telehealth was being used by both parties. This shift signals an industry-wide transition toward a hybrid care model in which providers, payers, and innovators will need to think differently about how they integrate virtual and in-person care in the future.
Read the findings from Amwell’s 2020 Physician and Consumer Survey for a deeper look into what happened during the pandemic—including how consumer and physician experiences, behaviors, and expectations shifted—and to better understand the quickly evolving role virtual care will play in healthcare. In addition to new survey data, the eBook covers:
- How COVID-19 has accelerated hybrid care models that combine in-person and virtual care
- The importance of usability in provider and consumer adoption of telehealth technology
- How consumer access to virtual care and the know-how to leverage it remain highly uneven
- How, when, and how much consumers and providers plan to use virtual care in the future
- Strategic questions organizations should consider to influence the future direction of virtual care