A Glimpse into United Healthcare’s Health Plan of Nevada and Optum’s Southwest Medical Associates Virtual Care Partnership
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has reminded the healthcare industry that we are stronger when we work together, and there is no better example than the long-standing partnership between UnitedHealthcare’s Health Plan of Nevada and Optum’s Southwest Medical Associates. True pioneers in the industry, these two organizations have been providing collaborative virtual care for more than a decade, and their innovative relationship positioned them to respond swiftly and thoughtfully from the onset of the pandemic and will continue to allow them to be pioneers in the future of healthcare.
When COVID-19 began to spread across the country, Health Plan of Nevada and Southwest Medical Associates, a multi-specialty group based in Las Vegas, activated quickly and built upon their partnership to deliver virtual primary and specialty care when physical healthcare facilities were largely shut down.
During this webinar, leaders from both organizations will detail their strategy for virtual care, visions for the future of healthcare, and how this integrated approach has allowed them to:
- Surpass 170K+ visits with 50,000+ during COVID
- Provide virtual specialty care (including pediatrics, OB-GYN, and rheumatology) in multiple states
- Support 6+ partner Optum organizations in quickly launching telehealth
- Waive co-pays and initiate outreach to drive patients to the virtual care platform
- Enroll 600+ primary and specialty care providers in telehealth to care for Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial members
- Think strategically about the growth and expansion of virtual care